Dennis condo fire may have been caused by candleAP , Associated Press
Jun. 9, 2014 6:24 AM ET
DENNIS, Mass. (AP) — Investigators say a three-alarm blaze at a Dennis condominium complex that sent 13 people to the hospital may have been started by a candle.
Fire Chief Mark Dellner says the preliminary investigation determined that the fire early Friday morning may have been caused by a candle that fell over in a first-floor unit.
The injured include two police officers and two firefighters, but Dellner tells the Cape Cod Times (http://bit.ly/1pbWvF7) they have all returned to work. Two of the residents injured had to be flown to Boston hospitals.
Damage to the two-story building and residents' possessions is estimated at around $2 million, but Dellner says it could have been much worse.
The fire remains under investigation.
Information from: Cape Cod (Mass.) Times, http://www.capecodonline.com