Framingham rape suspect held without bailAP , Associated Press
Apr. 9, 2013 5:19 PM ET
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. (AP) — A Framingham man charged with accosting a 15-year-old girl as she got off a school bus, then forcing her into the woods at knifepoint where he raped her, has been ordered held without bail.
A judge on Tuesday ordered 19-year-old Nathan Williams held pending a hearing Friday to determine whether he is a danger to the public. He is charged with aggravated rape of a child, indecent assault and battery and kidnapping. A not guilty plea was entered on his behalf.
Williams was arrested Monday evening based on eyewitness accounts and DNA evidence, prosecutors said.
Prosecutors say the victim was raped April 3 on her way home from school.
She went home and her mother called police. She was taken to a hospital. Police searched the nearby area that night without immediately locating a suspect.
Williams' lawyer, John Daly, said his client denies the charges and there are some identification issues. Williams put clothing over his head during his arraignment and his face wasn't visible.
The case prosecutor, Katelyn Draper, said at the arraignment that Williams was previously found delinquent as a juvenile for a sexual assault.
Authorities say the victim didn't know her assailant and the crime was an attack by a stranger.