Fire erupts in kitchen of Kittery, Maine, homeAP , Associated Press
Sep. 21, 2013 8:52 AM ET
KITTERY, Maine (AP) — Authorities say a man was taken to the hospital for possible smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in the kitchen of a home in the Maine town of Kittery.
The Kittery fire chief says the fire on Friday evening was started by someone cooking food.
WMTW-TV reports (http://bit.ly/19nl4Dk ) that the owner of the home was part way out of the first-floor window when firefighters arrived.
The fire was extinguished about 20 minutes after it was reported.
The fire chief says the home has extensive damage in the kitchen and another first floor room and smoke damage throughout the home.
Information from: WMTW-TV, http://www.wmtw.com